We love highlighting our favorite Santa Barbara restaurants! This week we’re putting the spotlight on the Boathouse at Hendry’s Beach. This is one of our favorite local restaurants since it features exquisite dining and some of Santa Barbara’s most spectacular ocean views!
When ranking the most beautiful Santa Barbara restaurants, the Boathouse at Hendry’s Beach is always near (or at!) the top of the list. This restaurant sits on the sand of Hendry’s Beach and features a large beachside patio. Here you’ll find a giant fire pit, an inside/outside bar, and a display kitchen with mesquite grills.
Boathouse at Hendry’s Beach’s menu offers selections for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and happy hour. With their location so close to the ocean, it’s not surprise that Boathouse specializes in seafood. However, the rest of the menu is just as good! Start your day off with delicious breakfast, take a midday break and enjoy lunch, or end your day watching the sunset while eating dinner. In the afternoons, take advantage of happy hour and indulge in incredible specialty cocktails, beer, wine, and small plates.
Some of our favorite menu items at the Boathouse at Hendry’s Beach are:
- Breakfast burrito
- Chorizo, scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, peppers, onions, and potatoes wrapped in a flour tortilla and topped with ranchero sauce and queso fresco.
- Corned beef hash
- Large-cut corned beef, poached eggs, peppers, onions and potatoes. Served with a choice of toast, English muffin or house-made biscuit.
- Boathouse signature breakfast
- House-made snow & rock crab cakes under poached eggs. Topped with chipotle hollandaise. Served with avocado, salsa fresca, and breakfast potatoes.
- Local rockfish ceviche
- Local rockfish marinated in fresh citrus and mixed with cucumber, pico de gallo, and topped with avocado. Served with house-made tortilla chips
- Boathouse specialty, spicy tomato broth, mussels, clams, fresh fish, shrimp, scallops, and mesquite grilled garlic bread
- “Beyond meat” veggie burger
- Alfalfa sprouts, avocado, sautéed onion, lettuce, tomato, and house-made whole grain honey mustard on a Gluten Free brioche bun. Served with choice of old bay fries or garden salad
- Fish tacos
- Seasoned local snapper, purple cabbage, pickled shallots, cilantro, and radish. Topped with salsa roja crema and served with Spanish rice mixed with black beans and corn
- Bacon wrapped filet mignon
- 6 oz. Harris Ranch filet with scallion mash potatoes, market vegetables, and red wine shallot butter
- Pan seared scallops
- Lobster and crab risotto, broccolini, and spicy tomato basil broth
Breakfast: 7:30am – 1pm
Lunch: 11:30 – 5pm
Dinner: 5pm – close
Happy Hour: Sun – Thurs 3pm – close; Friday 8pm – close