Enjoy a spookily good time with your family this fall at Boo at the Zoo Santa Barbara 2019! This yearly event is full of family friendly activities, events for older kids, and lots of fun! Don your best costume and come out to the Santa Barbara Zoo for an evening the whole family will love.
About Boo at the Zoo Santa Barbara 2019
Delight in the spirit of Halloween during Boo at the Zoo Santa Barbara 2019! There will be a scary amount of fun activities, including trick or treating, for the whole family to enjoy. Enjoy all of the excitement of the zoo combined with the fun of Halloween during this event!
Children must be accompanied by an adult. Adult costumes may not include full face masks or full face painting. Realistic weapons are not allowed.
During this event, you’ll be able to enjoy many fun activities for all ages. Here’s a lineup of the night’s events:
- Hay Bale maze
- Find your way through this hay bale maze! Perfect for young kids.
- Dance Party
- Celebrate Halloween on the dance floor! Cut a rug with monsters and princesses alike.
- Trick or Treating
- Walk the trick or treating trail and get candy on from sponsor booths. Be sure to bring a bag large enough for all the candy!
- Conservation-themed activities
- Take part in mad science experiments focused on exploring oceans!
- Boo Choo Choo train
- The C.P. Huntington miniature train gets a Halloween-themed makeover for Boo to the Zoo
- Costumed characters
- Over 75 characters will be walking around the zoo and you can take pictures and interact with them throughout the night
- Costume parade
- Show off your costume and join the parade through the zoo at the end of the night
- Scare Zone
- The Scare Zone is recommended for guests aged 10+. If you like to put the “trick” in “trick or treat,” take a walk through this scare zone.
- Zookeeper Talks
- Learn more about the zoo’s incredible animals from the zookeepers who know them best.
- Creepy Crawly Animal Encounters
- Put on a brave face to meet these creepy crawly creatures of the night (millipedes, super worms, and more!)
When is this event?
October 18: 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm
October 19: 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm
October 20: 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Adults: $20 ($18 for SB Zoo members)
Children 2-12: $14 ($12 for SB Zoo members)
Parking: $11 (free for SB Zoo members)
Buy tickets online here or at the door.
Stay near the zoo!
Marina Beach Motel is only 6 minutes from the Santa Barbara Zoo! You can enjoy Boo at the Zoo, then go relax in your room. Or, if you’d like to see more of Santa Barbara, you can use our free bicycle rentals to wheel around town. Plus, you can walk to the beach–only 37 steps from your room at Marina Beach!