In sunny Santa Barbara, outdoor activities are a must. Surfing is a popular pastime, and life is all about the beach. But if surfing isn’t your thing, there are still plenty of ways to enjoy the water. When you take a Santa Barbara kayak tour, you’ll experience incredible sights and make lifelong memories.
Where can I take a tour?
Santa Barbara Adventure Company offers several types of tours and kayak rentals. When you tour with Santa Barbara Adventure Company, you’ll have access to kayak tours, snorkeling, and more. See nature up close and in all its beauty and explore the natural wonders of Santa Barbara’s waters.
There are several various tour options, including coastal kayak tours. These tours are ranked easy to moderate, and are tours most inexperienced kayakers will enjoy.
- Fun Paddle
- The Fun Paddle tour is an easy tour around the Santa Barbara Harbor. Your experienced guide will lead the way through this experience.
- Santa Barbara Harbor
- This tour is an extended version of the fun paddle, and this longer Santa Barbara kayak tour includes lunch as well as information about the local natural history and marine ecology.
- Refugio State Park
- Similar to the Santa Barbara Harbor tour, on this tour you’ll explore the Refugio State Park with your guide. Lunch and interesting discussions are also included.
- Sunset Kayak
- This unique tour starts at the Santa Barbara Harbor just before sunset. Experience one of the most coveted sights: a sunset over the ocean, from the ocean, on this sunset tour.
Sea Cave Kayaking
Sea cave kayaking is a little more advanced, but these tours are incredible experiences. There are four sea cave kayak tours offered.
- Adventure Tour
- Take a half day to explore the sea caves around Santa Cruz Island. The caves here are known as some of the most beautiful sea caves in the world
- Discovery Tour
- This is a shortened version of the adventure tour, with around 1.5 hours of kayaking instead of 3. Here you’ll explore the Channel Islands National Park and the gorgeous sea caves around Santa Cruz Island.
- Ultimate Tour
- This tour is best for advanced kayakers. Explore sea caves and kelp forests en route to Potato Harbor. This harbor is a more rugged and less visited area of the national park that makes for a truly memorable experience
- Painted Cave
- A full day tour, the Painted Cave kayak tour is the experience of a lifetime. Explore one of the largest sea caves in the world: Painted Cave. You’ll get breakfast and lunch included on this tour. Also included: whale watching (though you might spot sea lions, otters, and dolphins too) and snorkeling through the kelp forest.
Although the Santa Barbara kayak tours are very popular, Santa Barbara Adventure Company offers many other tours as well. The company also offers:
- Wine tours
- Surf lessons
- Stand up paddle lessons
- Bike tours
The tours vary in cost, so it is best to check the website for the specific tours you’re interested in.
You can’t go wrong with one of these incredible Santa Barbara kayak tours! When you’re done with your tour, kick your feet up just steps from the beach at Marina Beach Motel.